Default "Quite Simply in a Class by Itself!" - ENJOY THE MUSIC.com

Hi All - Preview for you. Full Review will go on-line Jan 1, 2010

February / March 2010

World Premiere
Bryston 9B SST2 C-Series Monoblock Power Amplifiers
Quite simply in a class by itself.
Review By Brett Rudolph

The End Or The Beginning....

It is not often that it seems that the end of a review comes far too quickly, but alas this was one of those cases. One of the conditions of the review was that it be done as quickly as possible because there were not many review units available, so I did my best. However, it was not without a sense of remorse that the amplifier made it way to the shipping depot.

The Bryston 9B SST2 class C is quite simply in a class by itself. Its ability to yield precise, uncompromised music is something that is rarely ever seen and almost never in an amplifier in its price level. Of course the Bryston 9B is in no way inexpensive, for the 5 channel configuration costs $6695. Yet, while that might not seem a bargain, take it from someone who knows, it is. In fact, it might even be considered a bargain at an ever higher price point.

In short, if you are in the market for an amplifier, especially a multi-channel amplifier, you owe it to yourself to give the Bryston 9B SST2 class C a chance. It is likely to give you a performance you are not likely to forget.

Personally this is one of the only amplifiers I have ever dreaded sending away and wished it could have stayed longer