View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 11:23 AM

What a day it has been. I am totally exhausted.

After listening with my wife for a while, we concluded the sound was not different from the Liutos. I was depressed. I cried a little even listening to some music I can't even remember.

Then, my wife went to bed and I realized that I am not open to music or sound until I am alone. With people, the social pressure preoccupies me. Anyhow, after further confirming our judgment through more nondescript music, I thought to listen to Layla. Okay, now things got going a little. My brain told me the individual instruments and voices were more clearly heard; everything was less congested. Great, I felt some justification for my purchase.

My brain had also been telling me how beautiful the woodwork was. At the time I didn't realize it, but now it is so clear: my heart was not open to either the music or the appearance of the speakers. For the first few hours, it was an intellectual understanding. Strangely, as I began to let go of this, the music started to slowly overwhelm me. I replayed Layla and began tearing up at its impact. I started to glimpse the nature of this speaker, and it was an incredible sight.

I put on Daft Punk's Give life back to music and started to feel waves of sound washing over me. It just kept coming, layer after layer, and I was stunned. I could not move. I was standing in our kitchen, crying, trying to believe with my head what my heart had been screaming at me. Around three minutes into the song, you can hear a group of voices in the background. Holy S__t, they were in my room! The assaults just continued to push together my intellectual pessimism with my emotional optimism as all fronts conceded these speakers are F___ing AWESOME!

I stood looking at the woodwork. I fell totally in love with these speakers. OMG, I can't believe they are in my room. I cannot.

Really, they are in a class all themselves. I heard Elton John's Rocket Man for the first time tonight. Actually, I heard it before, many times as I adored him when I was growing up in the 70s, but what can I say, I heard it for the first time tonight. And I don't know if someone saved my life tonight, but I am certain that my perception of the Mementos has been saved. They are just deeply beautiful. The sound is so natural and effortless.

I will continue more tomorrow. Thanks for your interest, and a great thanks to my friend Toga, I am grateful!
ron

Last edited by bachrocks; 11-04-2013 at 05:27 AM.