View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fastdriving View Post
I'm happy for you, but I don't think you have described exactly what you heard from pass that dislodged your credit card. I'm curious what they could have said. Personally I read tons of reviews and visit audio shows to gain confidence in the brands I invest in.
Fair 'nuf. I had already heard from several others whose opinion I respect that (1) the Ayre AX5Twenty simply doesn't have the output to make my B&W 803D's sing and (2) PASS INT-250 produces wonderful sound. Frankly, my primary objective: I was seeking greater wpc in an integrated, and from a company that I felt comfortable sending $$ to.

When I had called them, Ayre gave me the royal 'call your dealer' blow-off. PASS, on the other hand, expressed genuine gratitude in my interest in their product. As a consultant (to non-audio companies), I tell people to avoid Ayre-like 'attitude' and ensure that their customers receive PASS-like responses. I use tapes of my calls with both of them. None of my non-audio clients disagree.

To answer your question -- what I heard was a gratitude for and commitment to customer satisfaction from PASS that I completely failed to hear from Ayre.