View Single Post
Old 05-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Chief Toneologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cisco View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong....Aren't the "Mementos" in the "Homage" line or are they different speakers all together? Totally confused now I loved the pics that Serge posted on his "GM"
The Guarneri Mementos are the second version of the Guarneri Homage (you could say evolution of the Homage, but many prefer the H to the M) and yes, they are in the top line - where they belong.

In terms of looks, the GH and GM are VERY similar, different stands (straight vs tilted) and different finish, but you can tell they are very closely related.

As I said, a used pair of GH will cost you close to what you'd pay for a new pair of Auditors M - possibly less. But instead of owning one of the best monitor speakers (i.e. the Auditors) you'd be owning a legendary one (and not take any significant depreciation).

The choice would be a no-brainer, but the challenge is to find a great pair of used Guarneri from a source you can trust 100%. I am NOT selling mine (don't think I ever will), but if you want to arrange for a visit and a first-hand audition send me a PM - I am around this week-end.

Alberto