View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_tube View Post
Thanks Dave. They do make a hell of a great bike. I can ride for hours – with no ill effects. Has all the bells and whistles – windshield raises 6+ inches at the touch of a button, heated grips, heated seat, bike computer w/2 trip odometers, outside temp gauge (like when it reads 100 or more), average speed, estimated miles on tank at current speed, two 12v outlets for cell phone, etc., along with the cruise and ABS. With the side paniers and the 49 litre trunk, I can ride comfortably with nothing hanging off the bike w/rope or bungie cords & they allow you to carry quite a bit of stuff. The trunk has a built in removeable suitcase -- open the lid, grab the suitcase and off you go.

The battery charger plugs into one of the 12v outlets and runs thru the bikes CAM BUS to charge (the battery). Neat.

I’ve been toying w/replacing the stock windshield with one that would be 2 inches taller in the raised position; but, it’s not a necessity – more of a buy it to buy it thing

Bob
Bob....with a bike like yours I could ride for hours, days and weeks.It has all the comforts of a car and gets great mileage

Dave