View Single Post
Old 03-12-2021, 09:04 PM

Thankfully I need more than 6w too. Really tempting if I needed anything less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadil View Post
Sorry to hear about the fate of the PSE. I love mine. I wouldn't trade my PSE even up for any of his other amps.

As to the KT170, I'm going to wait to see how those work out. Their early KT150s weren't that reliable. Given that and how it took them quite a while to get these through testing. I do like both the Tung sol KT120 and KT150 in my Inspire amps. I find the KT120 to be an under appreciated tube. They are used in some expensive, highly-rated amps, but rarely get much good press in the online forums.
I’m planning to pair them with my ATC SCM19s, notoriously power hungry but I’ve been pushing them with a 3wpc Chinese EL84 amp with good results at low volumes. However , anything louder is out of the question. Maybe it’s an age thing but listening volumes decrease as age increases, at least for me. Also, I recall there was a discussion about it on bi-amping two amps so that’s an option. More importantly, Dennis reassured me it’ll be fine so I’m still plenty excited for it.

Has anyone tried the Tung-sol 7581A on this amp and what rectifier did you guys use? 274B or something with a higher voltage drop? The blue glow alone is tempting. 😬 I’ll report back when I get the KT170.