View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
Did you get to demo them against the Oaks in your system?
If so, what did you hear?
Sad to say no, most of the dealers around didn't even have the Thunderbirds to demo for themselves yet. I jumped the gun in selling the Oaks, so just bit the bullet and ordered the Thunderbird Zeros after talking to AQ and a few dealers who had compared. I really wish my MLs were bi-wire capable to get the full benefit of the bass cable as well.

When I spoke to the AQ guys and asked Redwood vs. Thunderbird there was no hesitation to say Thunderbird. Another well regarded local dealer, said he uses Oaks at home and when he recently heard the entire line of new cables they blew him away including Robin Hood and Willian Tell line of cables.

I did hear the Thunderbirds (zero + bass) and was really impressed with the clarity. So gave me some faith that this wasn't a poor choice since I liked the Oaks to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricjor1 View Post
eziggy,
I'm curious to hear your thoughts. I auditioned the Oak and Redwood in my system. I submit AQ speaker cables are average for the price and would have to hear them in my system prior purchasing.
I ended up getting a really good deal I couldn't pass up on the Thunderbirds, otherwise I was going to try out Claurus per your recommendation, which really piqued my interest. Depending how it goes with the Thunderbirds that may still happen down the road.

Will definitely give my initial and longer term perspective on the Thunderbirds.