View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Does anyone understand the new cables? What is their gauge and geometry? Tree Series cables are relatively stiff. How stiff are they? Also the Zero Impedance ?? which seems impossible. It would almost seem it is Garth Powell vs William E. Lowe, i.e double counter spiral geometry vs the zero impedance geometry. Both are fantastic designers. I bought my Wel Signatures before the MC Series was available. Then for my sub woofer upgrade because of this, AQ recommended the Redwood (double counter spiral) as opposed to Firebird Zero Bass (Zero Impedance) which I specifically mentioned, saying the Redwood would be a better match. The Redwoods improved my bass so much I am adding another Niagara 5000 and Dragon HC to my sub woofer system. It is a "myth" that sub woofer systems don't benefit from top quality cables, i.e. Redwood and Wolfe cables and power cord--Hurricane HC, in my case. I was amazed at the difference the new cables made. If the power upgrade makes a similar difference I'll be very surprised but I must know.
Many dealers haven't heard the cables yet. I was discussing cables with a couple of different local dealers and they mentioned AQ was coming in tomorrow to do a demo. Talk about timing, I am going to follow up with them later in the week to get their thoughts.