View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 03:48 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLF View Post
My sincere apology for not updating my post earlier, stating that I had found the answers to my questions, but thanks for answering them anyway. I was in a rush when I initially posted the questions and my bad for not doing more research first.

Unlike my other Shunyata Sigma and Alpha cables, when the the last Venom V10NR finally arrived from Shunyata and was installed in my home theater system, it didn’t very sound good powering my preamp, so I attempted to find it’s specs (gauge, etc.) to see if it might be suited for trial to my amp. Indeed, it was—10 gauge. After swapping the Sigma to my preamp and the Venom to my amp, letting them settle, and finally started playing music, I once again noticed the same haze (fine grain) and an edge imparted to upper midrange and voice across all my sources which resulted in listener fatigue. Unfortunately, the new Venom yields an unnatural sound in my system which wasn’t present before I added it to either my multichannel amp or preamp.
I'd let the NR-V10 burn in for a week or so before deciding on its final sonic attributes. The qualities you describe sound a lot like a brand-new power cord to me. Just use to power a DAC or something similar you can leave on continually and having music streamed through it.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.