View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 11:38 AM

[QUOTE=GregGale;836250]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post
Because I first noticed it with the Sopras and not before.
Kal are you saying that with the 802D3 that if you played the SACD layer versus the original CD that it had the same "ideal liveliness" without having to turn up the SACD version at a higher level like you did with the Sopra?
No. It is just that I never noticed it before until I made the comparison with the Sopras. Something they did underscored the differences.

Quote:
You said you noticed this with other SACD's with male singers. Are you sure this is due to the loudspeaker performance versus just the inherent difference between the SACD and CD layers you listened to?
Not separate layers, separately mastered recordings.

Quote:
From your review it also seemed as though the Focal's were more forgiving on older "technically compromised" recordings where you could enjoy these recordings making them more tolerable, even stuff that was bright and piercing. Does this mean that through the 802D3's these same recordings were not tolerable? If so, do you think this could possibly be due to the 802D3's elevated treble response?
Possibly or to less treble with the Sopras. And the word "intolerable" wasn't used. We are talking about relative differences.