View Single Post
Old 10-30-2015, 08:04 AM

I have a slight different view on the B&W's , a good friend has the 802 diamond, and the mid and highs are not fatiguing in his room. Overall the 802D2's have more energy in the low frequencies, but the V3's counter that by being faster and more precise.

When I listen to my setup it's easier to follow the different instruments and voices, placement is more precise and soundstage is wider. My friends set up with the B&W's counters that with more energy and more resolution in the high frequencies. In conclusion I have to sy, I like listening to both sets, as different as they are.

I prefer the Magico's to be in a neutral zone, basically you can try walking slowly from your back wall and listen to your own voice, there comes a point your voice will sound natural, no frequencies "amplified", if you start placing your speakers in that zone and then make sure tweeter distance to listening position is exactly the same, in my experience you get the best result. (although some people will be able to do this last part by ear and moving the speakers slightly)

If I put the V3's closer to the back wall, the low frequencies increase in level, and imo not in balance anymore.

In the end the only way to find out the best solution is to try different set ups in your own room and then settle for what you prefer.