View Single Post
Old 08-23-2015, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisener Bart View Post
Speakers - Davis Acoustics, model Cesar.
Cables: 1) acoustic - Micromega, 2) interconnect and power - some american brand, very rare in Ukraine. I don't remember name, I may ask.

It was setup of my friend, I heard these speakers with 4 various amps including Cary SLI-80 and ASR. I know this System about 10 years, after any up-grades my friend always invites me for auditioning.

Room (about 20 sq meters) - acoustically prepared a little bit, but nothing special.

It was my last visit 2 weeks ago, I've been with my companion, we've been dissapointed by sound of System on classical music (big orchestra). System sounds good on small chamber orchestra, jazz and vocal music.

I don't know why this disaster happened - may be just absence of synergy between speakers and amp or something else. But I never met such problem with audio eqiupment with such price tags.

Our verdict was - amp.
It can be taken into consideration as version of course.
Very strange.

Few words re Gryphon brand.
I remember claims on Soundex.ru regarding exfoliation of tracks on plates of Gryphon amps.
Must have been the old Diablo -or something else - you listened to, the Diablo 300 is not out for sale yet.