View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 02:38 PM

Default ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_tube View Post
There are probably not many have heard that combination & I'm one of them. I can only recommend going to the Concerto w/the 24K gold coils to have the synergy with the remaining clearaudio components (yes, it's a bit more than the Dynavector).

Have you punched the numbers into a resonance calculator?? What load are you running on your phono w/the Maestro??
The XX-2 will most likely reside on a Graham Phantom II tonearm/TW Acustic Raven One table. In the meantime, I've ran the calculations for the Clearaudio Satisfy and it works out to be 11.7Hz resonant frequency. A tiny bit higher than the Maestro Wood. It may not be an exactly perfect match as the Satisfy arm is considered "low mass" at 9 gm and the XX-2 is a "low compliance" cartridge at 10x10^6 but it will be interesting to hear what happens.

I am loading the MM Maestro at 47k and 220pf but the XX-2 is an MC and I will have to experiment. The good thing is that the EAR 324P is very flexible.

I've got to say the Maestro Wood is an excellent cartridge that is both resolving enough and highly musical but I won't rest until I try an MC next.