View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 08:25 AM

Default New Yggy or Primaluna DAC?

It will be interesting to see a few more reviews of the PL. It’s a little bit idiosyncratic. Their marketing materials highlight tube rectification and point to point wiring.

“You spend a lot of money on interconnects. So why have the signal go right from the RCA jacks or speaker terminals into circuit boards with copper traces so thin you can hardly see them? What’s high-end about that?”

I’m calling BS on that because the signal path starts at the D/A converter and it is on a printed wiring board with copper traces so thin you can hardly see them.

The proof is of course in the listening. It’s a delta sigma D/A. I’ve got three of them and prefer the sound of my R2R D/A to the delta sigma DAC’s I own.

It’s a beautiful looking unit and their other gear is well regarded by people that own it. I’d like to listen to one sometime.

Tom
Proac Response 1sc Rears,
Three MC2301's for L,C,R
MC 602 for the rears
C 1100, MX 151, MCD 1100, MR 80
Nottingham Dais with Wave Mechanic
Sumiko Palo Santos Presentation

SurfacePro 3, RPi 4, ROON, WW Starlight Platinum USB, Schiit Yggdrasil, Benchmark DAC3 HGC

MX 151, OppO BDP-95, JVC RS-500 DILA projector, 106" diagonal Stewart Luxus Screenwall Deluxe with Studiotek 130 G3 material.

Lake House:
Ohm F, MC 275V, C2300, MR 77, Rega P3

OnDeck:
McIntosh MAC 4300v

Last edited by W9TR; 08-15-2019 at 09:07 AM.