View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 01:38 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briz Vegaas View Post
Sounds like the G3 with Devialet. Not awful, unless you were the other guys in the room who were not kind, but not right either. Mind you last time I liked that persons system he had Classe amps and a MacBook Pro up front. I used to love his sound back them. I actually wondered about the Aurrender. Every system is the sum of its parts, that's why I started this thread.

Puma disliked the B1s he heard, I easily prefer mine over the G3 systems I have heard so far. CJ tubes and one of their pointy end preamps, A Naim source, particularly with A big outboard power supply and reference Nordost cables are the key I suspect. It's the sum of the parts. It nothing like Puma's B1 experience, yet I don't doubt his comments or opinion.
Interesting, Briz....the G3s sounded great with VTL tube gear and I can easily image the B1s would as well (especially C-J!). IIRC, the B1s were set up with a Luxman SS integrated....but I suspect the real culprit was the set up and the room (this was the first CA Audio Show at the Crowne Plaza venue near the SFO airport, which was a dreadful hotel).
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.