View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberbrown View Post
I dont have the experience, setup, or room that Serge has, but I owned the Cremona 3 way speakers for some time. I have to say for my purposes, there is no comparison. The Sophia IIs are not just "diferent strokes for different folks." IMHO, they vastly superior to my previous speakers. I am constantly amazed at the complete lack of cabinet resonance coming from the Wilsons. When the resonance is eliminated from the cabinet, magic can happen. If you can swing them, get them.
I find the monitor Sonus Fabers to be in some ways more special than their full range brothers but I agree on the lack of cabinet resonance of being a great thing for sure. There is only one speaker that I can think of that can get away with a bit of that "symbiotic resonance" and that is Sonus Faber. I would even suspect they designed the speaker around that to make the stringed instruments somehow sound even more romantic. They probably listen to quite a bit of violins being in the area of Cremona and the rich history of the greatest violin makers. It would make sense they would voice the speakers around that type of music. It is tear jerking when listening to violins through the Sonus Fabers.