View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 10:50 PM

Default What, no brain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadawg View Post
Did you happen to compare the No523 to the No326s? Just curious since I've had my No326s a couple of years now and wondering what the No523 does better/differently?

Thanks

George
George, I did not directly compare the No. 523 to anything, I'm embarrassed to admit. The discounts I was offered on the 523 and 536's made them a "no brainer" without even auditioning them. To clarify, my ML dealer is out of state and is someone I know and have history with. I've learned through experience that he has a good ear and provides me with sound advice (pun intended). I have yet to regret any purchase I've made with him, and I've made many.

Some might say that I have no brain for doing so, but I got very lucky in that they are extraordinary. Like others, I've auditioned many comparatively priced components and systems, and some much more expensive. I find mine to be among the better sounding that I've heard. Though admittedly the best was a pair of very large Wilsons (the top or 2nd to top model) in 2010 with Krell Evolution amplification and preamp.