View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 05:13 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuillaumeB View Post
Hi there, the Omega XC should have shipped with a "Preparation for Use" flyer which recommends that you connect the cable to a fan, humidifier or other similar device for 48-72 hours. This "relaxes" and reforms conductors after experiencing the distress and vibration of shipping.

We have sold a few Omega QR and XC cables and find that these benefit dramatically from being connected to a fan for 3-4 days. In fact this is a service I am offering to all our Omega customers.

The Omega XC has AWG 4 VTX-ag conductors so the need for settling time is even greater. It's a monster of a cable. 6 hours just isn't going to cut it I'm afraid.

Cheers

Guillaume
Just for some supporting information with respect to Guilliaume's post: When Shunyata Research sent me a full set of Sigma NR and XC PCs for my review in TAS, they provided me with specific instructions to burn them in for 3-4 days with a fan, which I did with their "adapter" power cables which allowed me to daisy-chain the Sigmas together and burn them in all at once. I then let them settle for 5 days once they were installed into the system.

Also, the Omega XC I had on had for product photography also a number of days of burn-in as well, IIRC, I had it on the fan for 5 days; there is a lot of conductors with that 04 AWG PC (its notably heavier than the Sigma XC).

So, I agree 6 hours will not be representative of how this PC performs.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.