Thread: Cart Me Baby!
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 04:16 PM

I've owned the Cadenzda Bronze (actually, I still have one somewhere), and auditioned another one in my system as part of an Ovation/Magnify. It's definitely a bit warmer/fleshier sounding than I experienced with other Ortofons in that range (Jubilee, Windfeld MC, Cadenza Red). And I like that! But with your Ovation/Universal, I feel that there are significant performance gains to be had by pushing towards the cartridges at your $4K upper limit. As musical as the Bronze is (though still not as musical as a properly setup Koetsu!), you won't experience that last dose of detail and refinement with it.

If I were you, I'd keep the Windfeld Ti on your list. When I had the original MC some years ago, it was too lively/bright on my Fidelity Research FR64fx, but an amazing performer in most other respects (much better technically than a Cadenza Bronze). But my impressions of the Universal arm is that it's a less lively/bright sounding arm than my others (Graham Supreme, Fidelity Research FR64fx) and thus could be a natural match for the new, better damped Windfeld Ti.