View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 01:30 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfirst View Post
To be blunt - is there a way of getting a copy of this?
Since this product - which was/is very expensive and sounds like prone to hard drive issues (I have already replaced the CD/RW in mine) - has already been discontinued and support is limited, I am concerned about have a very expensive 'brick' if something ever goes wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfirst View Post
must of searched for a different Panurgy - just a little frustrated about a 2 year/old product being abandoned by not only the manufacturer, but also the company that served as the foundation for the system - and to customer can not even get access to the operating system/interface? Coming from a company that prides' itself on products that last forever..... I dont see this hanging in there as a cornerstone to my digital music system for much longer - and even the used market (unlike every other Mc thing) is bottoming out.

Am I missing something here?
Michael.......The MS750 was produce by McIntosh from 2007 to 2010. I don't know what you mean by "it's already been discontinued." It has not been in the McIntosh lineup for three years. Support for the MS300 (produced from 2004 to 2007) and MS750 was provided by Escient from the very beginning. When Escient closed their doors support was transfered to Panurgy in New Jersey. Support is not limited. Panurgy still repairs McIntosh music servers.

The MS300 and MS750 are no more prone to hard drive issues than any other hard drive based products. Hard drives fail. That's not news. It is not a case of if, it's a case of when. That's why everyone who uses a hard drive is encouraged to back-up their data. There have been some reported issues with a power supply problem that will cause the MSxxx to misbehave, but the problem is easily repaired.

McIntosh does pride itself on products that last a long time. Their products are as noteworthy for longevity as any audio company still in business. None the less, some products with moving parts, i.e. CD transports and hard drives, do fail. McIntosh doesn't manufacture transports or hard drives, so like most other audio manufacturers they rely on other manufacturers as vendors for these parts. If these parts should fail it is certainly not because McIntosh failed a customer by design.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A