View Single Post
Old 07-27-2020, 08:13 PM

Following up on this thread, right around the time I was going to start auditioning headphones we had to shut down due to Covid. I didn't want to wait who knows how long before I could listen to different 'phones so I ended up buying a pair of Sennheiser HD800s. They are well reviewed so I figured it was a safe bet and I would have plenty of time to listen to them while cooped up in my place. So far I think they sound great, very happy with the purchase.

I had one question for the forum though, I have the C1100 set to mute the main output when I plug in the headphone cable. Is there a way to also turn off the 12v trigger that powers on the 2301s? I'd like to be able to plug in the headphones and automatically turn off the amps so I don't waste time on the tubes when they are not being used. Thanks.
McIntosh C1100, MC2301s, Townshend Audio Rock 7 w/Helius Omega tonearm, Kiseki Purple Heart, Naim Uniti Core SSD, Benchmark Media DAC2, Magnum Dynalab MD90TSE, Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5s, Shunyata Denali 6000T