View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 07:22 PM

UPDATE: I bought a 2016 BMW 550i XDrive M-Sport with everything except adaptive cruise control.

I tried an M4, an S5, and an SQ5. Unfortunately there weren't any Audi S6/S7 in my area with the right color and status (miles/CPO) and I gave up looking/waiting. I could have driven to Portland to find one.

The M4 was awesome but it occurred to me just how useless that car is around here. It's wet here 10 months out of the year so you'd be dealing with traction issues all the time. I did in my 335 as well, but that didn't even have as much power and at least had more room (sedan vs coupe). Plus I kept feeling like it was a bit over the top since i'm mostly sitting in traffic.

The S5 Sportback just felt somewhat disconnected. Yes it is very fast, and yes it is very sexy. It just didn't drive the way I like.

The SQ5 surprisingly drove better than the S5 in my opinion. It felt more connected and responsive. Weird, I know! That is a great SUV for sure, but I just wasn't ready to get an SUV.

The 550 made me realize how much I could love having a luxury car. Compared to anything else I've ever owned, this thing is on a whole different level of refinement and luxury. It has options I never had(like heads-up display and massage seats) but once I tried them, I was all-in

445hp/480ft-lbs doesn't hurt, either. Except at the gas pump!

Next up is a good tint on the car, maybe new wheels when these tires wear out (they are new), and possibly a Dinan ECU adapter for more power. Not sure I need it!

Last edited by 2fastdriving; 06-24-2019 at 07:53 PM.