View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMelby View Post
Puma Cat, on the strength of your and other trusted sources I took the plunge on the Sigma XC. This cable replaced a prior Sigma analog that was running from the wall into a Typhon QR then Triton V3. This combination produced outstanding results. I was happy with the results, but there was a nagging feeling that something wasn't quite right, something is missing. It's one of those things that are hard pinpoint, its just a feeling. The Typhon QR and Triton v3 are well know amazing performers. The Sigma is an amazing PC in its own right. The source and amplification are top notch by all estimates. So what was wrong. As its so hard to know not hearing different systems I was stuck. Enjoying very much the music, but not quite comfortable. I think this is a well know feeling amongst us audiophiles. This prompts the next purchase I was very nervous about using a Sigma NR versus Sigma XC to the Typhon QR/Triton V3. I was thinking, no noise reduction that doesn't sound good. I even originally placed an order for the NR but quickly reversed it. I remembered that Grant and Caelin recommended the XC to power distributors.
Enter the Sigma XC. Wow with this one change I get what the problem was before. Real music has a life to it. Live music has no sluggishness to the sound - it just breathes and fills the room with immediacy. The Sigma XC has in one fell swoop done just that. The XC has set my system free -and brought my system a big step closer to live music. It's funny how easy in retrospect it is to say okay I should have understood there was a restriction in the cord to my power distributor. But I guess until I've heard it I couldn't possibly guess. It seems easier to determine when noise is present in my system, and the steps to eliminate it. This is something different, and I wonder if its the improved DTCD, something else or all together. But as Puma has stated, this cable just produces a live music quality that goes beyond traditional terms. It's everything together that is improved. This is a wonderful cable, easily one of the best upgrades from Shunyata. Highly recommended for connecting to a power distributor.
Congratulations!!! The V2 cables are the best yet from Shunyata..have my own plan to move to an XC as soon as I can and another to upgrade the umbilical between my Tv3 and TQR!