View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy3107 View Post
Tim - I do high quality vinyl rips of all my albums and I’ve found the same thing, the quality of sound from a good vinyl rip can be outstanding. Now the caveat with my setup is I don’t rip to any hi-Rez format, my rips are to standard 44.1/WAV file quality since I only use the files for my car and streaming music over Sonos throughout the House.

As far as software, from what I’ve read, Channel D’s Pure Vinyl gets the nod in ultimate sound quality. I use VinylStudio which is extremely easy to use and produces a fantastic rip.......have never had one issue over hundreds of albums and the quality is as good as I could hope for. I go straight out of my ARC phono preamp into the line level inputs of an NAD PP4 phono pre analog to digital converter. From there I go USB into my MacBook Pro using all Audioquest cables. This solution has worked absolutely perfect for me ever since I’ve had my Analog front end.
Thanks.....Very interesting. I’m going to give this some consideration. The price of admission is only $199.00.

Speakers: Von Schweikert VR-5 Anniversary MK II Front L/R, LCR-35 Center, VR-1 Rear L/R Sub: JL Audio F113
Amps: PS Audio BHK Signature 300 Mono, McIntosh MC207 Pre-Amp PS Audio BHK Signature and Gold Note PH-10 Phono Stage/PSU-10 Power Supply
Turntable: VPI HR-X 12.7 TONEARM (2) and SDS, Stillpoints LPI
Tape Deck Otari 5050B II2
Music Server: Aurender N100H
Cartridges: Ortofon Cadenza Black, Lyra Helikon Mono Digital Source: Oppo UDP-205 DAC: Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE
SSP: Marantz AV8801 Cables: Wireworld Electra 7 (P) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7, Shunyata Delta NR (I) Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 (S)
Wireworld Platinum Starlight 7 (USB)
AC Power Regeneration: PS Audio DirectStream P15 Power Plant and Shunyata Denali 6000s V2.