Thread: DCS Rossini
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpspock View Post
Dear all,

already many thanks for you experiences. I will use the cd drive rossini, as I hava a lot of CD, especially coming from Japan most of time far better than European. I had the chance to listen the Rossini at home on four days. So yes, it is a huge step from Puccini, more musical, wider and deeper soundstage, it seems to get a HD soundstage.
My question was more focused on the facts I have the impression that members of AA are more interested in MBK or an Esoteric. So would a K01X better than a Rossini? I would to get a precise idea before changing.
I am very happy with my choice of the Rossini. I have not had the K01x nor a Grandioso in my set-up so I cannot comment. I am sure these are excellent units and attract many supporters. If they were currently MQA ready I might have considered them for a audition.

I have had the K01 and D03/P03 plus clock in my set-up and neither bettered the 808v6 except in industrial design. The MSB IV did challenge the Meridian but in the end the additional cost for that set-up was a bit much and the industrial design was not for me. The MSB Select II is amazing but there is no way I will pay close to $100k for a DAC.

I will wait a bit before I add the clock to my set-up and also might try the Vivaldi plus Bridge to see how it compares in my room to the Rossini.

I can tell you that you will be happy whether you choose the Rossini or a K01x.