View Single Post
Old 09-30-2016, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgiliberti View Post
I'm merely raising a question, not accusing. However, the Chinese (as well as others ) will counterfeit anything that can be profitably counterfeited. It's hard for westerners to appreciate just how low wages are in China; when a country's labor and manufacturing costs are as low as theirs are, there is plenty of money to be made pumping out even the most common tubes, as long as naive audiophiles will pay even a little extra for the bogus NOS label. Are they bad tubes? Not necessarily, and we all know that both the Chinese and the Russians make some fabulous tubes. However, the term NOS at this point strikes me as total joke. Like Phillips and Telefunken did not see the transistor age coming, and kept producing warehouses full of old tubes that audiophiles are now paying a fortune for? Give me a break.
From your earlier post, was there any reason you chose to raise this question quoting my post specifically, as opposed to any of the other posts from other people talking about old tubes? From your earlier post it kind of sounded like you found something about the situation I presented that made you think "aha - those might be counterfeit". If that is the case, what was it about my situation that made you think that at the time? I expect I have since allayed your fears about this for my purchases, since I provided more information on the integrity of the supplier in my last post.

Or do you think all claimed "new old stock" tubes from all suppliers are counterfeit (or used)? From your last post, it is not clear but it kind of sounds like that is what you might be getting at when you say "the term NOS at this point strikes me as total joke. Like Phillips and Telefunken did not see the transistor age coming, and kept producing warehouses full of old tubes that audiophiles are now paying a fortune for? Give me a break."

Anthony