Thread: Audio Journey
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 05:43 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by knecht View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I owned the 8TC’s when I had the KEF LS50’s and sold them because they were already a little to long with the LS50’s on stands and even longer when I moved to the 1028be’s. I will have to reach out to Ivan.
I didn't need the 6ft length either, as my amps are next door to the speakers. I now use Kimber 12TC at 4ft. The 12TC is $388 with spades, $404 with bananas; those are the latest retail prices, I believe. Same sonic character but more air around the music. Custom lengths are possible, so you may want to give the 8TC another shot. By all means, see what Ivan says. You're sure to get a good deal.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks