View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 05:25 PM

Dear Ricjor1

While I do not have direct experience of these particular models from my knowledge comparing at home the new Luxman 509x(using components from the C900U pre) and the JR Continuum S2(using the Capri s2 pre stage) I think you may be better served by selling the Corus and getting the C900U while keeping the 625 S2. The pre, in my experience really sets the sound you get and from all that I have read and heard in the 509X the C900U is an exceptional pre amp. I too am looking at the C900U/M900U combination but at the moment I only have integrated alternatives. The Luxman 509X is the best integrated amp I have heard. Difficult for me to think you would be unhappy with the Luxman 900 combination but if you have to do the change in steps the Jeff Rowland 625S2 is likely to be a top performer which provided there are no obvious matching issues(cannot see that there are) would be very well served by the C900U. Jeff Rowland make great components no doubt about it but with its latest top range equipment Luxman has something exceptional IMO and the C900U seems the pick of the crop.