Thread: New member
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 01:33 PM

I see a lot of talk about how to make Shindo work in ways its not meant to work. So rather than try to answer all these questions, I'll just say make some statements to try to set things straight. Just about everything in this thread is wrong. Sorry, don't mean to sound like a jerk.

Shindo is a system with very specific goals and mates. Hum is not the VR's fault, they don't hum. Cables cause hum, component placement causes hum.

I have a few very good dealers that can help sort these systems into something true to Shindo's vision, the rest is just the usual mix and match with varying degrees of success. Why buy a Shindo preamp and not use it as it was designed? Its a bit baffling to me. I see incompatible speakers, rooms(not so easy to fix), turntables, racks and amps. In the case of the photos provided, a Shindo 301 has no chance of working on that rack. Lots of talk about using other non-system matched pieces being suggested. To what end?

Shindo system should have high impedance, high efficiency speakers. (In the case of a Shindo amp, I would not use AG speakers as they seem to have some back EMF issues which makes them sound better with lower output impedance amps- just my personal experience) Matching preamp, amp and cabling. Shindo cartridge (or a real Ortofon SPU, not the higher impedance non bakelite ones) or the Denon 103, or EMT with the matching step up from Auditorium 23. The rest is not getting what you paid for. And before I'm told I'm being a salesman or biased, which is true, most of the posters here seem to not be in my market. I'm just stating some facts.

If a dealer or distributor has sold these pieces and did not advise how it should be done correctly, I would immediately complain directly to Shindo. I wouldn't stand for it in my market. We would always pass on any sale where we knew it would not be used correctly and thats exactly what Shindo wants. On occasion, we flex a little with the hopes and ideas the clients will finish the system correctly as funds permit. Sometimes clients simply wont listen to solid advice and go round and round and round. Frustrating.

This reply is not meant to insult anyone, hurt anyones feelings or to be a jerk. It just seems lately the only posts are about shoe horning part of a total system into a mix and match system.

Over and out.

Jonathan