View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto View Post
Every time I turn on my system, I just want to listen and not review, analyze, dissect, explain, etc. So, sorry guys but no video review of Shindo.

But I offer something much more objective and meaningful than a review. It's been ~3 years since I started this thread and my system has not change one bit. I still love getting and reading Stereophile and TAS -- while listening to my system of course -- but I am still 100% satisfied and have ZERO desire to change anything.

I do feel a bit of a loss because I enjoyed the "chase" and trying on new components. But it's a small loss compared to the musical pleasure I get each and every time I turn on my system.

Apparently, many other people with the means and opportunity to try new things and upgrade their system find that Shindo is so completely satisfying that they come to a stop in terms of gear swapping. Probably bad for the economy :-).

Alberto
I feel exactly the same way as you do.

After being on the gear swapping treadmill for several years it feels good to finally be satisfied with my set-up.

I have owned my Shindo/Devore gear for over a year now and have absolutely no desire to change a thing. To be able to sit back, relax and truly enjoy the music is such a pleasure.

I feel lucky to have found such musicality in my room. Maybe a couple of Mr. T's will be added next year but for now I am totally happy with my sound.

Shindo D'Yquems
Shindo Vosne Romanee
Devore 0/96
Luxman PD-171
Dynavector xx2 MkII
Luxman DA-06
Mac Mini
Magnum Dynalab MD 107t
Shindo and A23 Cables