View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ei001h View Post
I have SF in high gloss Graphite. They're in my living room exposed to direct sunlight. Would this cause any damage to the finish? Would the color fade over time ?
Also, what do people here use for polishing the high gloss finish? My kids left lots of fingerprints.

I also have the graphite Amati Futura, and use Gerlitz Smudgeoff and a soft cotton polishing cloth. You can find Gerlitz here on Amazon: http://Gerlitz SMUDGEOFF Smudge Off ..._xlyGCbVH5ZTTC

While the finish will likely protect the speakers to some degree, if they are in direct sun, you will get some fading over time. The fading can be caused by UV, but also by heat, since the dark finish will absorb some heat. If you have fairly modern windows, they may have some UV inhibitor built in, but you can also protect the speakers by putting the covers on them or lowering window shades during the peak sunlight hours, or by applying a UV tint to the windows.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2