View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 06:18 PM

Talking radio huh? Now your in my province. BBC Radio 1 and Capital radio when I was a kid, both top twenty/40 of the current then hit parade, later a charming pirate station called Galaxy fm which played pre and a bit of Roots reggae on the weekends with totally amateur DJ's, and my current fave is BBC Radio 6, which does everything but the current top 20/40 and also covers current World music, Radio 3 when I'm in the mood for classical and Jazz on Sat afternoon/midnight, and Radio 1X when I want to dip in to dem urban yout' and has the occasional reggae hour and a jolly powerful transmitter. Radio 4 has some good plays and foreign correspondent type stuff and comedy, and Radio 4X which has good old/newish comedy/plays. Football and cricket are catered for as well on two or three other stations. Heavy rock/metal as well. We don't really have a great Jazz station; Jazz FM is a bit bland, but you can get everything else; 60's/70's /80's /90's and 00's stations too. On DAB that is, I can't get FM reception in London. We take radio very seriously indeed in blighty. We rarely get doo wop which is a shame. I miss the Flamingo's etc.