View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 09:30 AM

Recently I had a chance of comparing side by side in my listening room the Rega Osiris and the Vitus SS010 ( 25W class A ), both driving my Dynaudio C2 Signature. I was really excited about that since, as I mentioned here, Vitus was the best ( if not THE BEST ) integrated amplifier I have already listened...Unfortunately, I can say that it was a big disappointment.
The Vitus was not able to drive this speaker in a decent volume level and, for my surprise, The Osiris showed to be more transparent, with much better speed and bass response. The Osiris can be considered ( without doubt ) a better integrated amplifier ( at least for the Dynaudio C2 Signature ). We should also consider in this equation that Vitus costs almost two times more. ( even this discontinued model )
Probably the bigger brother ( with 50W Class A ) can drive better the Dynaudio C2 Signature, showing an overall better performance. Maybe, I will test it, however, we will be talking about 4X the Osiris Price and, based on this experience with the Vitus SS 010, I don't think it could be my choice. Let's wait..