View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillone View Post
No one ever said Krell was mid-fi, I was just saying it is high priced versus some of it competition and that is exactly why D'Agostino was let go. He could not bring in the gear at competitive prices so it would sell in the numbers the investors wanted.
I never said that anyone did say that Krell was mid-fi. I simply quoted 2 quotes, the first of which dealt with the idea that Krell was overpriced compared to McIntosh, and the second of which dealt with the specific price of 2 of their amps. To the first quote, I responded that the same accusation has been laid against Mcintosh. To the second, I responded that their performance was through the roof, and listed some anecdotal evidence that communicated that they could hang with MBL, Boulder, Burmester, and all the other big boys. Then Serge quoted my second response, which listed some specs and some anecdotal evidence, and Serge made the point that synergy should be taken into account to which I agreed. Then in response to Serge I wrote that the reason I had written the post concerning the specs and the anecdotal evidence was that I was "Just trying to point out that Krell is more than just mid-fi with a name and a price." By my saying this I was not responding to someone else's claim, but making a claim myself, namely that Krell gear is expensive, but has great power output and can hang with the big boys as well. I am sorry if I was unclear and gave the impression that I was responding to someone else.