View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 07:29 PM

I recently got to talk at length with Stanley Booth- he hung out with the Stones back in the early days, and chronicled the infamous tour that led to the tragedy at Altamont; he is a trove of information about the blues, Gram Parsons, the redemptive power of music and is a great story-teller. He was kind enough to go "on the record" for some questions I had.
Also just added- an interview with one of the founders of EIL- these guys are based in the UK and are a source, not only for the uber collectible, but just good solid UK copies of records that deserve to be heard as older British pressings.
I also have piece I've been working on- Buying Used Records- a Primer, which I hope to publish in a few days. It probably won't tell you anything new if you are already a collector of old vinyl, but for those who are just venturing in (or returning) to these waters, which can run deep, it gives some basic information on assessing pressings, decoding deadwax, and more generally, on the processes of hunting down good pressings. More soon.