View Single Post
Old 06-30-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto View Post
Hello again Jerome, I am also thinking of selling my Shindo (see previous post for "reasons" -- or more likely "rationalizations" -- basically I am enjoying the freedom of a solid state system which I can leave on all day, or fire up for a quick 15 minutes listening session, etc.) Currently, my McIntosh MDA1000->C34V->Musical Fidelity Tube Buffer->MC250 going into the Tannoys sounds immensely satisfying and, of course, delicious. It lacks the refinement of Shindo, however, I am aware that some of its deliciousness comes at the expense of detail and speed. But, on the other hand, I am getting a newfound "freedom from tube concerns." However, based on past experience, I believe that putting the Shindo back in service to demonstrate it to a potential buyer is likely to have the same result you've had: Heck no, I'm not selling this. This is what happened to me with the MDA1000 some 2-3 years ago ... and man am I glad I did not sell it. I am not rushing into anything, but I appreciate and can identify 100% with your post and experience. Alberto
Alberto,

You are with Serge the two persons who lighted my fire to discover this brand.
I understand perfectly your need to get out of tubes since you listen to your system a lot.
My advice is that if you do not need the money, do not sell your wonderful Shindo units.
Put them aside. After a few months with SS, put them back on duty again. You will get the feeling that you are 20 years younger !!