View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Music Lover

The way he let all his art be put on almost everything including pot holders, lamps, tray tables, cuckoo clocks, music boxes, magazine racks, dolls, musical prayer boxes, cross stitch kits, night lights, mugs, blanket throws, etc., etc. he ruined the resale value of most of his more expensive canvas pieces. I started collecting his stuff 25 years ago and most his stuff that had increased considerably in price went back down to issue price or lower because of the saturation of his art on everything he and his company could think of. He prostituted himself IMO.

While I wish no one this outcome, his death was the only hope a collector had of ever making their money back or a profit on his canvas work. While you should only buy art because you like it, not to see it increase in price, it's been hard to see expensive pieces of art be duplicated and put on a cuckoo clock or any of the many other items.

When you bought a Kinkade originally the galleries would boast how each piece would be sold out soon and start increasing in value. Basically what I'm saying here is that Kinkade took his original collectors down a bad path. He let us down.
Mcintosh MC205,MX150,MS300,MVP871,Pioneer BDP-51FD,Roku,Pioneer Signature Elite 141,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Cremonas
Two Channel Room
Mcintosh MC501's,C2300,MCD500, ClearAudio Emotion TT,Furman It-Reference15,Sonus Faber Elipsas,Sonos Connect