View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 09:06 AM

I went downstairs last night and Tidal was working! It was around 10:00 pm and the next time I looked at the clock it was 1:30. The Salon and Salon2's are so much more $$$ than my previous speakers and while the Beethovens, f52's, R105/3's and R107/2's were no slouches they all sounded more alike than different when it comes to putting music in the room with a couple boxes, the beethovens were very intimate speakers and could pull me into the soundstage enough to disregard the shortcomings. The salon2's I have installed are so different in their presentation it still startles me how good they are! These speakers have been most rewarding to room placement and moving my chair an inch can snap the stage into place. Zep, The Band, Traffic, Rolling stones, The Who, CS&N, and The XX played last night and I probably could have gone on til' sunrise enjoying each piece of music sometimes dancing in my chair(not pretty)happy i'm not wishing for more bass, more detail, loudness, etc. All the PM'd speakers left me wishing for something despite thoroughly enjoying them while 4 months in and a day at Axpona and I still sit captivated and amazed during the listening sessions with my Salon2's.