View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 04:17 PM

Chapter 9: Changing My Layout

I've been pretty unhappy with my listening space for awhile now so I put a lot of thought into changing it up - so today I started the process. What do you think of my new layout?

Entering the room (a basement) there is actually about 5 feet of open space behind the couch...

The view from where I listen...

And a few more random shots (I'll try to take some better pics at some point)...

I like having the speakers a little more forward, I've actually switched the left and right around since taking this pic and am liking the sound a little better (woofers facing outward)...

And as you can see, I'm using the stock Gallo stands in my equipment rack for my PS Audio GCPH phono stage and Squeezebox Touch (thanks for the idea, Byron)

I'm not super happy about where the Vincent integrated is on top, but I wanted it to be able to breath and it didn't work to have where the turntable was because I don't have long enough IC's to reach anything.

Chapter 10: Superfly

Playing with some other speakers…

Zu Audio Soul Superfly's

These Zu's are a beautifully built speaker - they look better in person than in photo's that I've seen (and my pictures aren't good either) - I'm very impressed. I need some more time with them to experiment with different types of music and maybe even trying out some bases for them to sit on since I have such thick carpet. I think I've also come to the realization that my room would benefit a great deal from some room treatments.

After spending more time with the Zu's I enjoyed them quite a bit. A guy came over to demo them and they sounded as good as I've heard them sound since I got them - some very good quality recordings do wonders! It was really fun to demo them for someone else and see the huge smile on his face.

I also listened to some vinyl I haven't listened to for awhile and was quite impressed with the sound. The tweeters seemed to have settled down or I found some better recordings. These speakers are going to be a great match for his tube amp, I'm glad that they're going to a good home and enjoyed them for the brief period I had them.