View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Nice. Good pic of the old & the new. Do you run it much in Class A? Lots of heat for an old unit when you do. I always put a muffle fan over each the heatsink vents on my CA-2010 when running any time in Class A.
Actually I was advised against using Class A as the benefits would not be that much, and it's only 15W on the CA-1000 and my Mani-2 Signature are very power hungry (I actually fried the Lavardin IT Reference integrated of my best friend because of that... ). Even in AB, I don't push my speakers too much as I am afraid I could damage the amplifier. As much as I love those speakers, they are always a thing trying to circumvent their power needs. If they were 8 ohms that would be perfect as I really love their sound. I am slowly looking for an upgrade but the next speakers will have to be 8 ohms. I was thinking about the PMC twenty5.24; the bass response seems similar and they are not demanding in amplification. Montreal Audio Show is coming in 4 weeks so I am getting excited to go there. I will be more in purchasing mode than the last 2 years