View Single Post
Old 03-03-2020, 11:53 AM
Go Dawgs

Dan - I was in the same boat before I purchased my dCS Rossini...I wanted a very straightforward, no fuss DAC streamer that also would improve my disc playback since I still have so many redbook CDs. I explored the Bricasti products but like you, I really couldn't seem to find any concrete information about the network card, how it works and what apps you needed to run it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you have to use a third party application like JRiver to run the streaming off the Bricasti. The dCS Mosaic app was the icing on the cake for me....it works perfectly as well as functioning as the remote control for the DAC and I don't have to bother with another computer or software like ROON. Now Roon is very cool and it is better and more full featured than the Mosaic app, but you don't HAVE to buy it if you don't want, an important consideration for me since my room is a computer free zone!

I'll be able to report back this weekend about the Bricasti.......I'm headed to Monroe, LA to hang with Steve (SL1800) and Tim (Timobi) and I'm taking a dCS Bartok from Hifi Buys with me to compare to the Bricasti since Tim is in the market for a DAC. We're going to have plenty of time to compare the two and report back on the sound. They're both really good DACs and I wouldn't expect to hear a massive difference between the two, but the dCS functionality, support and easy software upgrades and it's own simple app would seem to put the dCS in the hard to beat category. I'll let you know.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3