View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGabriel View Post
Ideally the Typhon QR should be paired with the Tv3.

The cables between the wall outlet and the conditioner are very important. The new Sigma XC would be a very significant upgrade for the Denali, Tv3 and the Typhon.

If it is in the budget, the Omega QR for the mono-blocks is quite simply a revelation. PumaCat and SCAudiophile have a lot of experience with the new cables. So, hopefully one of them can give you some first hand knowledge.
Hi Caelin.

Until the Everest shelf model is released, I presently am running a Typhon from the wall outlet using a Sigma v1. The Typhon is connected to my Denali v2 using the umbilical which it came with.

To my ears in my system, the Denali v2 sounds better in conjunction with the Typhon than alone without the Typhon.

Questions:

1.I am considering ordering an Omega XC from the wall outlet to the Typhon with the intention of eventually getting a Everest Shelf model when available. Does that seem appropriate?

2. You previously stated that the umbilical between the Typhon and PD can be upgraded with any of the new Cable line and that the it would sound better than the original umbilical supplied with the Typhon. Would the new Sigma XC be appropriate there, considering I’m going to wait for the shelf Everest model?

3.I’m guessing that since I will eventually get the Everest shelf PD when available, it would be best to get the Omega XC rather than the new Sigma XC running from the wall outlet. Perhaps the Typhon would then become redundant and not necessary at that point?

Your input and thoughts would be appreciated to get the best sound, but not do an overkill.