View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
I have a Furman SPR-20i that most of my gear is plugged into. The cable box and TV were plugged into the same bank of the SPR, so I removed the cable box from there and plugged it into the Furman Elite–15 PFi that feeds the SPR. I also put a Conntek adapter on the cable box cord (the cord is already 2-prong, but one prong is wider so the Conntek lifts the ground). The hum has been absent the last few times I used the TV. Don't know if it's the Stratus or the change in setup settling in, but I heard no hum. I'll hope that continues.

Meantime, and I won't swear to it, but the picture looks a bit more detailed lately, which would be due to the Stratus. I may want to try one on my MCD301 or laserdisc player and see what happens. Meanwhile, the sound is still good, and seems to have smoothed out a bit.
Last night there was hum, which was evident once I got close enough to the TV . I guess I'll settle for the sound and apparent picture improvements from the new cord. The hum will be its own saga.