View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 04:15 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMelby View Post
Lem321 I was thinking of 100% as a twice as good, so yes these are quite the step up. In fact, I'd say the step up from my old cables which were sigma level to the XC was by far the biggest improvement of any Shunyata power cable I've tried over the last 8 years. Typically I'd rate prior improvements something like 20-25% better than the prior generation. These are much more improved, Shunyata has unlocked something truly special in their products over the last year or two, and accelerating with the releases this year. To frame it in another context, I think that the XC addition was even a bit bigger impact even when I first added a Typhon QR. Now, I think the XCs are just unlocking the true potential of the Triton or Typhon or Everest but they seem essential to my system really singing. Puma makes excellent points, these latest gen Shunyata cables and the Everest especially are just better all across the board from bass to treble to resolution to soundstage - all the normal descriptors. They bring music to life! So much closer to live music than I thought was possible.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.