View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfi87 View Post
I recently purchased one of the last demo pairs of the Amati Futura speakers. Now have to decide on Integrated, AMP/Preamp combo. I finalized my choices to the following:

EAR Yoshino 890 amp (70 class A watts, eventually can maybe add a second 890 for 140 watts)

EAR Yoshino 912 preamp

Primaluna EVO 400 Integrated or Amp/Preamp

Pass Labs X250.8 or XA60.8

Trying to stay with tubes ideally. I had the Olympica 3 with the Primaluna HP Integrated before and really liked that combo. I also had the Elipsa SE speakers with the VAC 200 iq amp, and while I loved the Elipsa speakers, I did not care for the VAC amp (too aggressive for tube amp, solid-state sounding, just not my taste). Looking for any feedback or if any has heard the EAR gear or the latest Primaluna gear.

I have not heard any of these amps, but I can tell you the Amatis like power. On that basis I would seriously consider the Pass X250.8.
D'Agostino Momentum S250 MxV & HD pre; Linn Klimax Organik DSM, SonicTransporter, EtherRegen; Acoustic Signature Typhoon Neo, Koetsu RSP, Boulder 1108; Sf Il Cremonese; Shunyata Everest, Altaira, Sigma & Alpha v2