View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 08:22 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3brow View Post
Congrats Buck!!! I have been researching dCS Rossini hard all week, contemplating Aurender W20SE/dCS Rossini/dCS clock as a destination digital rig.
The Rossini (and the Bartok for that matter) pretty much checks all the boxes as a full digital solution unless you have to have a built in hard drive. Other than that, it's going to do everything I need. I know there's a ton of tinkering in our hobby, but I can't wait to play with some of the upsampling filters using my Ayre CD player as a transport, that's really gonna be fun to see what more a can get out of the standard silver disc. I did a lot of reading on the Aurenders....I don't have much experience with them at all so I can't speak to first hand demonstrations or anything, but three things steered me toward other products, the first were some very lukewarm reviews here and there I read about various models in their lineup. Second, there are always an absolute crap ton of Aurender components for sale on the used market, through dealers, 'Agon, everywhere you look they are everywhere. Third, the internal DAC of an Aurender most likely isn't going to be better than the DAC in the Ayre C5 xemp. Now of course most of them are less expensive than the Rossini, so not exactly an apples to apples comparison to be fair.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3