Thread: New dCS Vivaldi
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 05:57 AM
Rebellious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_tube View Post
Anyone want to chime in (??)

Have a question as to why the Scarlattti Transport has a much larger chassis than the other 3 components. Is it because it uses the top-of-the-line Esoteric VRDS NEO™ mechanism, which necessitates the larger chassis?

The end result, with the larger Transport chassis, when stacked & with its Space Odyssey 2001 appearance, I'm sort of turned off by its visual presentation. Definitely not as appealing to the eye as is Puccini and Ms. Paganini. Someone recently told me the Scarlatti looks more like studio equipment, which when I think about it is so true.

Now, we have the dCS Vivaldi. Take a look at its transport, Holy Moly, talk about being pregnant. At least from the display, it appears to have the same width as the other 3 components which is a great drift away from the 'non-matching chassis footprint' of Mrs. Scarlatti.

The Vivaldi has some interesting curves; if the polish is there maybe some potential exists, however; the display is also lacking some aesthetics for me.

Best

Bob
Bob..

Bigger is better

Your tone has a bit of "I just bought a DCS Paganini and you introduce this!?"
Don't worry it won't be a finished product for awhile and nothing is going to sound better than what you got!

Love the one your with!

Best,

Bill