View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willimusk View Post
Todd,

Did it take really 7+ months for AF to deliver your plinth? (I'm guessing from the dates of your posts.) I've heard from others about extended delays, so I'm curious. Also, what wood is yours wrapped in? Just lovely.

BTW, I noticed you mentioned possibly trying an M2-12R for SPUs. I have one in the back position on my two-arm Lenco for just that purpose. It's a remarkably good-sounding and versatile arm, especially for the money, provided you upgrade the stock phono cable.
Delivery did take about 7 months but it was due to the difficulty in sourcing the SP10R. Chris could have had it done in about 8 weeks otherwise. The wood is Santos Rosewood. AF offers Zebrawood in the base package and can offer a range of finishes or the option of sourcing a premium alternative like Rosewood, Cocobolo, etc. I was ready to buy an M2-12R but they are in short supply now that SME has exited the standalone tonearm business. Too bad because I think it's an excellent product and it would be interchangeable with my 312S on the Garrard. I might consider an EMT 997 down the road for either table but I don't have any SPU carts at the moment so I'm not in a rush.