View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 09:47 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM3CPO View Post
Thanks for the congrats guys!

I have Mcintosh 1.2KW's for amps and Mcintosh MX-150 for pre-amp (eventhough its only a 2 channel setup; I wanted the room correction and digital inputs). I have stillpoints on all my sources and use a PurePower 2000 for powering regeration along with upgraded power cords (shunyata and PS Audio). I also had stillpoints on my V1's which I will swap over to the V2's. For color, I went with "Azzuro California" (which is apparently a 2010 Ferrari California color; its a light blue that looks really cool!) with black grills and black hardware.

As for differences between the V1's and V2's, I may not be a good source for this info quite yet. Let me explain why.... I have always preferred silk dome tweeters as the alternatives always seemed harsh to me, but using stillpoints on the speakers, and source components along with upgraded power cords, took a lot of the "edge" off my V1's. I demo'd the V2's in store but to be completely honest, my overall components and setup at home was superior to the listening environment at the dealer. Having said this, I was able to compare the V2's to Alexx and I liked the V2's better, so thats saying a lot!

Sounds like your happy, and a good color choice.

Mechanically isolating gear and playing with cables creates amazing results. On isolating the speakers, did you listen to them set up following their instruction with spikes?

Send photos, enjoy!