View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslrock View Post
Well it has been almost 2 1/2 years since this thread originated. I have thoroughly enjoyed my set up with the VPI Classic Signature with the Ortofon Cadenza Black and WireWorld Silver Eclipse 7 RCA to the McIntosh C2300 (with Gold Line tubes). Thanks for all the prior input from everyone.

I have never felt certain what is the best moving coil setting within the C2300 for this TT, cables, and Pre-Amp combination. I have changed often the MC selectable resistance loading within the McIntosh C2300 depending on the album. I seem to keep at 100 ohm as a base line but I think the brighter the mastering I turn it down and the more laid back I turn it up. Sometimes I keep at 100 ohm and just turn down the treble -2 if a bit bright.

Appreciate the more technically minded folks explain the moving coil settings on the McIntosh C2300, the base line setting for my set up, and when and why I should change up or down. May help others if explained for both MC and MM.

Appreciate all of you. Thanks, Jim
Interesting thread. Can you elaborate a bit on the Ortofon Cadenza Black sonics? I am considering the Ortofon Quintet Black but also the Cadenza black which is more than twice the money. Thanks.